How much is the initial franchise fee?
Short Answer: $35,000
The initial franchise fee is $35,000 for your first store location, which must be paid to us or our affiliate. For franchises purchased with the multiple-location addendum, the additional initial fee for each location is $20,000 per store, which must be paid to us or our affiliate.
request more information today!
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to open a sub zero nitrogen ice cream?
Short Answer: $223,950,500 - $480,000
The development expense ranges from $223,950 – $480,000. These costs include the construction, remodeling, lease improvements, furniture, fixtures, and equipment. For franchises purchased with the multiple-location purchase addendum, multiply the estimated development expense range investment times the number of franchisees purchased.
Does Sub Zero offer mobile concepts or catering?
Short Answer: YES
Sub Zero has the capability to be mobile and can cater out of store events. We do require that you have a traditional store location to be able to cater and mobilize. The Vehicles; Carts, Trailers, and Trucks to Transport Catering Equipment can run from $0 – $45,000. Again you must have a traditional store location to be able to participate in the catering and mobile opportunities.
What type of location will I need?
Short Answer: Inline, Shopping Centers
The typical Sub Zero location is located in a high traffic shopping center, storefront location, or shopping malls. In some cases, the stores can exist in a “free-standing” building and some stores are able to have a drive-thru window option. The typical size of the store should between 1,200 to 1,400 square feet, but we can adapt our design and layout to meet most reasonable dimensions.
What kind of support will i receive?
Short Answer: Operational, marketing
Not only does Sub Zero offer constant operational support from the corporate office, but we also have:
- Training when opening your store, online operations manual access, continued training and help
- A build-out Specialist will assist new franchisees in development. Through weekly communication, this specialist will guide you from contract signing until the grand opening
- A marketing firm to advise and assist in all marketing decisions. They will also provide quarterly marketing and adverting plans for all franchisees
- A Graphic Designer that will aid in designing any ads or promotions you may need
- A web programmer that makes sure our websites always make a professional impression
- A web advertising manager who maintains every franchisee’s local search campaigns and search engine optimization to ensure that your customers can always find you on the internet.
- A PR Firm that will take Sub Zero to the public. They specialize each quarter on two of the Sub Zero’s developing markets and assist in grand opening public relation for new franchisees
- A Copywriter, who writes content for advertisements, websites, manuals, social media, and any other materials that involve the written word
Is financing available?
Short Answer: indirectly
We are able to direct you to outside providers that can provide leasing for equipment and fixtures for qualified applicants. Bank and SBA loan finance programs have also been utilized by qualified franchisees to finance their restaurants.
What are our royalties?
Short Answer: 6%
Sub Zero’s royalties are 6% of ongoing sales. Sales tax is not subject to the royalty
how do i go about selecting a location?
Short Answer: Research, strategic partnerships
Sub Zero Ice Cream has partnered up with national commercial real estate groups. They work with each franchisee in site location and market research to identify the perfect available location. Franchisees will be assisted in site location, lease paperwork including LOIs and lease agreements, and lease negotiations.
how long will it take to open my sub zero store?
Short Answer: 4-6 Months
After the final agreements are signed and you’re the proud owner of a new Sub Zero franchise, it can take as little as 4 to 6 months to open your business. This depends on the time it takes to select a favorable location for your business, arranging any financing if needed, training and building out the interior to comply with the Sub Zero interior design.
how do I get started?
Short Answer: Apply NOw!
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, submit your information by filling out your information in the form below. There is no obligation to investing in a franchise by submitting this form. After we receive your information and any initial questions, one of our Sub Zero franchise development representatives will get in touch to answer any questions you may have and to tell you more about the brand.